Salt is our Mission
Our company holds a thirty years-experience in the salt production. We have a deep knowledge of the product that let us intuit and meet the needs of our customers. High quality production and on-time deliveries are our prerogative, together with a particular attention to the environment respect. Our customers belong to different product categories from the chemical industry to the food, from de-icing salt to water softening.
Our mission is develop a culture around this precious element.
Destiny has made us born in the salt, the reason why we look at it with great respect so much that is our profession.
In the sea was born the first form of life that is embodied in its precious stone "Salt." The human body has as main components water and minerals: life both dues to salt and water.
This water-salt combination recurs frequently in human physiology, just think at the prenatal period, and also the blood in its composition is very similar to sea water.
If we look at the history we can see wars, new empires and cities devastated to conquer the salt. That has developed trade and commerce.
We will have reached our goal when talking about salt it will be considered a symbol of life, promoter of wealth, genuine and natural product: to think about it will remind to the sea, so the summer and youth.
- The salt for human consumption has a dual role as a flavor enhancer and as food storage. This traditional custom has failed with the development of conservation techniques through the cold and dehydration.
- The salt content of foods is very variable, is more than 40% in the case of concentrated preparations like broths nut and in lower percentage for bread, cheese, etc. The salt, allows the development of certain microorganisms at the expense of others that are inactive.
- It’s said that the salt is a selective antimicrobial and bacteriostatic agent. This role, at the same time retardant inhibitor and regulator of the development and proliferation of microorganisms is used profitably in the preservation of meat and fish as well as in the production process of cheese
The salt in agriculture has a nutritive role for plants and for animals, but is also used as a preservative. Salt is necessary for animal feed to supplement the sodium chloride excreted in sweat and excrement, and transferred into the milk; 1 liter of cow's milk contains 2.5 g of salt.
It also facilitates the growth of livestock that finds a little salt in her diet. The inputs are provided by food compounds or by the placement of salt blocks that the animal licks freely according to his needs, and without risk of excessive intake.
Salt is also a conservation agent, indeed it is used in fodder salting: prevents fermentation and rotting hay and preserves at the same time its nutritional quality, particularly the energetic quality of grasses and legumes, and preserves the organoleptic qualities of color and flavor
- The road winter maintenance is important, both economically and for drivers security and safety. The removal of snow and ice coating reduces both accidents and the fuel consumption, but above all allows not to stop the production and the subsequent transport of the goods.
- Sodium chloride (NaCl) is the most used product for the melting of snow and ice on the roads. Resulting in the melting, since the mixture of salt and ice has a melting point of -10 ° C. By preventing the formation of ice will promptly supply to the restoration of the safety conditions for the circulation.
- The chemical industry sectors where salt mainly is used are: the electrolysis of sodium chloride, the production of sodium carbonate and sodium sulphate. The electrolysis of sodium chloride let obtain chlorine, by soda. Chlorine is mainly used for the production of plastic raw materials such as PVC, but also to produce the solvents and disinfection products, such as bleach. Soda ash is a chemical intermediate and is also used for the manufacture of artificial textile fibers, paper pulp and alumina.
- Calcium carbonate, in chemical industry, it is mainly used in glassmaking. Finds use as a raw material in the Solvay process of the sodium carbonate synthesis. Sodium sulphate is widely used in the detergent industry; it is also used in the glass industry. Utilized in the textile industry as a fixer of the pigments and as the density corrector.
- Softening of the water: An high presence of limestone, it may irreparably damage the pipes and all facilities related to water. The elimination of the water hardness is said "softening ion exchange", an osmotic filtering through the resins that are periodically regenerated with a sodium chloride solution.
- Tanners: and skins to avoid a bacterial growth that could deteriorate them are dehydrated with sodium chloride.
Stoneware and ceramic painting: the salt vapors react on silicate chloride so could let form a light film on the surface of the pottery.
- Solar Bathtubs: solar energy can be stored in solar tanks and be used for heating or for the production of electricity. The sale still has many other industrial uses. For the record, we could mention, fixing dyestuffs, manufacture of cosmetic products, cement, etc.